If you enjoy a great story, you’ll love Maureen!
When she takes the platform, you’ll be captivated by her inspiring message woven with riveting stories, engaging humor, and challenging ideas. Audiences are encouraged and changed by her message. Organizations experience higher morale, greater commitment, and higher levels of engagement. You’ll see productivity going up as dissatisfaction is replaced by positive attitudes. People will want to change – for the better.
Speaking – Maureen conducts presentation workshops like ‘Throttle Up Your Speaking Skills!’ and provides individual coaching for growing speakers who wish to improve their skills. If you give any type of presentation, you’ll benefit from Maureen’s coaching.
Leadership – “At NASA, I worked for an amazing boss who was able to get more work out of our group than anyone thought possible. He was awesome! He taught me how to lead. I speak on leadership not just because I can lead well, but because I was led well.”
Maureen started with a degree in mechanical engineering from the University of Notre Dame, and besides her time as a NASA rocket scientist, she’s had success in direct sales, fitness instruction, and motherhood. Now as a professional speaker, she challenges organizations to ‘push the envelope’ of their own expectations, to propel their teams to peak performance.
Her accomplishments, previous jobs and responsibilities include:
- Managing NASA’s full scale altitude-simulation jet engine research test facility (Propulsion Systems Laboratory).
- Speaker with Making It Count (a Monster Inc subsidiary), where she led in-school seminars for high school students to prepare them for a successful college experience.
- Coordinating the student-employees at the Cleveland Advanced Manufacturing Program (CAMP), a unique program that served the Northeast Ohio manufacturing community with affordable and talented co-op engineering students from the Cleveland State University.
- Teaching Sunday school for teens since 1988; currently teaching a weekly class to about 50 junior high girls.
- Group exercise instructor, certified through AFAA (Aerobics and Fitness Association of America).
- Sales consultant with Mary Kay Cosmetics.
- Member of Toastmasters International since 1999, winner of over 40 speech contests.
- In 2009, placed in the top 10 (of over 25,000 contestants) in Toastmaster International’s World Championship of Public Speaking.
(A note to meeting planners and event organizers: Please don’t use this bio as an introduction. Contact me directly for that.)